A light and effective approach to lose weight is a jog every morning, even if it you run in circles. Ever notice the jogger who carries jogging on the spot whilst waiting for the red light to change to green? In fact, it has been shown that jogging in circles for 30 minutes is better than jogging for several metres for 10 minutes. Jogging is one of the best ways to burn fat and it is not strenuous as boxing or push ups.
For effective weight loss, the exercise must be performed properly and consistently. A jog, first thing in the morning is beneficial as there are less calories and fats to burn after a fast of 8 to 10 hours. Thirty minutes of jogging burns about 300 calories. The recommended number of calories to burn per day is 500 and to lose this number, at least an hour of jogging is needed. Remember though, a rest period between every 30 minutes of exercise is imperative to avoid fatigue and the negative effects of exercise. As a high-intensity exercise, jogging helps burn calories.
Jogging to lose Weight – Impact
The high impact interval training, jogging in place for 30 seconds then running as fast as you can for another 30 seconds and then alternating jogging and running for 30 seconds; when done twice a week for 15 minute periods is effective in bringing about weight loss.
This type of training is beneficial as the body goes into fat reservation when it detects that the body is doing the same exercise for the same time period. To keep shifting fat into muscles, the body must be challenged and this type of high impact training is the answer to rapid but healthy weight loss.
Jogging to lose weight is great if you prefer to train with a partner or in a group and if you’re one of those busy execs, then taking Fido with you for a jog in the park , kills two birds with one stone! Training with a friend or in a group means you have a support system and thus encouragement when the urge to give up sets in.
Regular jogging strengthens the cardiovascular system and reduces the risk of heart attacks, whilst also improving the health and increasing energy. Jogging gives you a great workout, but, it also puts great stress and pressure on the joints and feet. As a beginner, start out with a short distance and gradually increase the time and distance until you reach an effective distance for your stamina.
Not only is jogging a good exercise but an economical one too. All that is required is a good pair of running shoes and clothes, and away you go, no equipment, no gym membership and fees. A good jogger loses weight and builds muscle by determination, stamina and the drive to achieve.
A few tips to effectively lose weight:
- Consult your doctor before beginning any new exercise or workout program.
- Ensure that your weight loss goals are realistic, track and record your weight each week to keep track of your progress. A loss of 1 to pounds per week is said to be healthy and sustainable rate of weight loss.
- Beginners should start their sessions with a walk and slowly increase the pace to build up to running for at least 20 minutes per session.
- Running on an incline intensifies the workout, so jog up stairs or up hills to burn more calories. A good place to start is your local stadium stairs. Remember to cool down after a workout.
- Stop and rest immediately, should you experience any sharp or persistent pain whilst running. Ensure that a doctor is consulted if chest pains are experienced.
Eating a healthy, balanced diet, regular exercise and a great weight loss program will ensure you lose those extra kilos. If you are looking for a perfect weight loss program, click here.